Emre Kerim Yardımcı
Managing Partner, Attorney at Law
Founding Partner and Executive Board Member at Deris, Kerim is a highly experienced and respected intellectual property attorney locally and internationally. Fluent in English and French, Kerim’s international expertise is complemented by his extensive network.
Kerim’s innovative approach to intellectual property litigation, complex court proceedings and portfolio management has helped drive Deris’ status as a top, forward-thinking IP law firm. He has a reputation for astute strategic legal counsel. He is also an active panellist at the World Intellectual Property Organization’s Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution (UDRP).
Since his graduation from the University of Geneva, Kerim has honed his knowledge of the establishment, licensing, acquisition and use of IP assets in Turkey and globally. Recent accomplishments include a landmark case on acquiescence claims to protect the trademark name of a renowned international pharmaceutical and chemical brand, and the successful defence of a leading global and national chemicals producer’s patent registration.
Contributions and highlights
- Guest speaker at brand advertising agency MARKA’s 14th International Conference on generic top-level domains (gTLDs) and the challenges ahead
- World Intellectual Property Organization’s Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution (UDRP) panelist since 2014, with more than 20 decisions
- Featured in Managing IP’s IP Stars Handbook 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Recognised for prosecution and strategy in the World Trademark Review’s WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, 2014
- Registered Turkish Patent and Trademark Attorney
- Member of the The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Member of the Turkish National Group of AIPPI
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Panelist at the World Intellectual Property Organization’s Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution (UDRP) since 2014
- Bachelor of Business Administration (minor in Finance), University of Geneva (H.E.C), Switzerland, 1999
- Law Degree, University of Geneva, Switzerland, 2002
- Trademark and Patent Attorney, 2003
- Admitted to Istanbul Bar 2009